Back to School!

By AG
Wasn't a cultural shock though...knew everything hows it beforehand ;) And had even read The Inscrutable Americans..so kinda learned.

I fear thinking of the hectic flight I had...took almost 48 hours to travel half the world..India to Kansas. A multi star hotel stay at chicago for the connecting flight delay was a bit of relief. Air India is on my black list now.

Within the week I spent here, I got to see many different kind of people. I never got to see such varied people in such a short time.

Manhattan, Kansas is an University town...great place though..lush greenary all around...all University buildings are lavishly built and follow a consistent (American?) pattern...and University spans a lot of area...good to have a bicycle...but can't afford right now ;)

Yes its all upside down here...taps, roads, switches, many things... as compared to British or Indian standards..could take time to get accustomed to it.

Theres considerable amount of Indian community here...they screen movies, arrange for the festivals, gatherings and stuff.

Getting used to here now...cook myself, of course not that good...but learning. Made a lot of friends...and hopefully will make more once the classes starts.

All in all a good experience and again am student :)

But its at a cost...I'm missing my family, friends and fellows like anything...kinda homesick...never thought would miss my home so much :( But have to go on! Here where The Alchemist helps me to keep moving towards my dream...hopefully it will continue to do so :)

1 comment so far.

  1. Parag 10:57 PM, August 11, 2005
    Gud to hear from u :)

Something to say?