Tip'Em

By AG
This is one of those topics when I actually get to writing I feel why in the world I pitched such a story in the first place. But I'm glad to have all of my stories accepted. Its always more pleasure writing about things you're not familiar with than otherwise. And its always a pleasure writing in general, running around streets, meeting people, interviewing them and taking pictures. Its different than blogging in many ways.

I was researching about tipping trends and cultures worldwide for a small feature article. The insignificant looking thrifty money that we leave behind as a tip in restaurants surmounts to a multi-million dollar transaction in US alone. The waiter I interviewed at a Thai restaurant on Castro street, Mountain View, apparently makes more money than me and any of my friends. How's that? I inquired, but they have no new vacancies coming up anytime soon :)

Here's a study at Cornell about gratuities that I found both, useful and interesting - Beyond Gratitude and Gratuity.

0 comments so far.

Something to say?