On thickness of the equator

Category: By AG
Multiple Dimensions - Quicktime | RealMedia

I don't completely outcast the possibility that there could be 11 or more than 4 dimensions in this universe (I see these dimensions more as properties, saying these as spatial dimensions is what throws me off...could be true, but this is so unsettling!), but saying that the ants circling the wires supporting the light post as moving in 4th spatial dimension is utterly insane. However may the ants move, clockwise or anti-clockwise, they still are in 3 spatial dimensions - they can precisely be located using just 3 dimensions at any given time! And how can this analogy be used to say that the space-time fabric could well be rounded and so forth and serve means for additional dimensions? This is like saying equator has a thickness!

As I was saying to one of friends recently, I wish I could be alive 100 years from now to get the answers to this ultimate quest, but may be I'd be making exact same wish then.

Plenty of food (not junk) for our minuscule brains:
- Elegant universe
- Imagining the 10th dimension

0 comments so far.

Something to say?