As flat as Kansas

Category: By AG
Its the end of spring break and I can wait no more to write a post about our Colorado trip that we had last weekend. I was waiting for photos so that I can put some here. But nevermind, posts doesn't cost any :)

Since I don't have any courses this semester, I don't have much a feel about spring break this year, except for the fact that libraries close early and theres unusually small number of people moving around.

Being in KS and not visiting Colorado is foolish! So, to avoid ending up in that category and to get out of this flat land, I and my prodigal roomies decided to drive to Colorado Springs, which turned out to be a heavenly experience. It was as beautiful and scenic as it could be! I think this is really a very good time to visit places like this..when the mountains are still covered with snow so that you can do all the snow adventures, like skiing and all..but at the same time don't have to shiver too badly due to bad weather. The weather was just right..no problems whatsoever.

The world's highest suspension bridge, the Royal Gorge, which connects two gigantic mountains with a small stream of river and a railway line right in the heart of the valley in between. Seeing down from the bridge is scary! Especially seeing down from the crevices of the wooden planks of the floor of the bridge! But whats scariest is the "world's most scariest ride" (one of my friends told me..no official confirmation on this - but experiencing it makes you realize it is ;)). Its kind of the swing, except that its right at the edge of a mountain and you swing half way through the 1400 feet deep valley. I partnered with suppu for this joy ride. Most heart throbbing part of the ride is when you are lifted to a height on the ground side attached to a rope on your waist and at the count of 3 asked to pull a trigger that is on your right hand side. The moment you pull it, you head straight towards the valley with about 60 kmph! Its like pulling the suicide trigger! Fun!

Most of the stuff that we had cooked (batata wada, sabji, and some gujarati yummy thing I don't remember) for ourselves went bad due to our stupidity of letting it exposed to sun, while we did these adventures :(

Amongst the 4 days in all, 2nd day we spent at the Garden of Gods. And the rest at Estes Park and Ice-tubing at the Summer Gardens respectively. Each passing day we felt today was more fun and wonderful than yesterday! The entire trip was fun-filled and filled with stomach-aching jokes and raptures! Though everyone had in their minds, we all buddies will be floating distant places like wooden blocks on the ocean in couple months time.

I must admit that this trip brought me real joy! I'm glad I was there! :)

0 comments so far.

Something to say?