time > /dev/fun

By AG
Exactly one month left for my internship here at Red Hat to get over, got really accustomed to the work here, and the routine, and the people, and the culture. Don't feel like going back to school and get burdened with the things that at times make me spend my time, which I'd rather spend on more constructive / better things. But being school work, even that will be duly embraced. But I'II miss this culture for sure. Here people don't work for getting paid, but to passify their grey cells...to chase their passion. And thats what I like about people. Almost half the company is working even on holidays and weekends, and you can make it out just by peeping into the IRC channels, (yes, keeping up to the hackerish norms, IRC is used extensively...its the backbone of the company. Am not sure how many other companies exploit this so constructively.) And when you have such like-minded people around you, work is nothing less than just fun!

After a real long time, today I found myself playing tabla in one of the lawns of the company. One of my Russian intern friend here, who not devout but is just a fan of Indian food, music and all those things that Indian sadhus smoke, bought Tabla yesterday and asked me to give him some lessons, and actually brought Tabla in the office. First I had to teach myself how to play it after such a long time...I've had both tabla and harmonium since I was a kid, prolly 9, I had an inclination towards it, but my mom was a real force behind my learning tabla, but never got to it..just the bascis. Both the instruments are still around, but haven't played them since a real long time. Was a good break though playing tabla in the company lawns :) Imparted my friend with couple of tabla strokes..which even me not perfect at ;)

0 comments so far.

Something to say?