The RMS Encounter

Category: By AG
Being my regular customer, English Zone, asked me to do a story on open source FOSS free software! Ah there you go ;)

As usual I had to hunt for my interviewees. It wasn't that being in Boston made me decide to interview RMS on his favorite topic. I wasn't sure how approachable he is. But a friend of mine and a former employee of FSF told me that I should talk to him. So I emailed him with my intention and questions. There came a real quick reply, auto-generated of course, explaining emailing habits of RMS, and telling me to expect a reply in 48 hours.

RMS replied. Asking me to focus on free software than on anything else and restructuring my story eliminating any references to IP. I was fine with it. I again replied acking to it and restructuring my questions. He came back with the reply after a day's time.

I'm honored to quote him in my story along with some distinguished hackers in the community :)

0 comments so far.

Something to say?