IBM sold to AG. The Thinkpad ;)

By AG
Its snow allover the place!! Feels good to see snow falling and gathering over the roof tops and cars....all roads are covered with it. But much less time to enjoy the snow...exams on the way. Nonetheless, its ownderful to see such snow...especially when you have pohas (an indian rice) to go with it.

Got my laptop, finally! IBM T43. Its first time I paid for any software...Windows XP. I didn't know of an option to buy a Thinkpad without that :( Hurridly installed SuSE 9.3 with KDE and Xen...actually wanted to try 10, but don't think its available as ftp install. Installation went fine, except for that X thingie not comming up...installation was graphical but X refused to start after reboot. Simple trick...replaced xorg.conf with xorg.conf.install, and it worked. It takes around 30 minutes for me to get a system up and functional as I desire, once the distro is installed..I typically install most of the development tools, latest firefox, thunderbird, mplayer...configuring them, my GPG, icons..tweaking KDE looks and firefox / thunderbird plugins and extensions. Its up now and Yippie!...first post off my latop :D

Looks like a busy week ahead..as always. Hopefully after that will get some time for my projects and stuff...and also to enjoy American holiday if possible.

Meanwhile, snow, exam studies and pohas!

2 comments so far.

  1. Parag 9:36 PM, December 11, 2005
    hey Tseries is cool...costly asel right. I am looking around for laptops too, planning to buy one soon.
  2. AG 1:49 PM, December 12, 2005
    Costed me 13k, after employee benefit program..one of my friends availed me that. Its a great piece of hardware!! Will post a review sometime soon.

Something to say?